Continue to Site

Flour Prices: HOLY $*@T

Domino’s Pizza profit down on expenses, economy

Public companies are good canaries in the mine. We should all expect a tightening of competition and take advantage of the opportunity to make our businesses more efficient and effective. Those that survive will enjoy a much more profitable competitive environment.
Domino’s Pizza profit down on expenses, economy
NEW YORK, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Domino’s Pizza Inc (DPZ.N: Quote, Profile, Research) posted sharply lower quarterly profit on Tuesday, hurt by higher ingredient costs, shaky consumer spending and higher interest expense.

Fourth-quarter net income fell nearly 48 percent to $16.2 million, or 26 cents per share, from $31 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Aarthi Sivaraman; editing by John Wallace)

Last edited:
Everywhere you read now you can see the elements that are pushing prices up and will continue to do so. The ethanol thing alone in the US is enough to continue to drive up prices. Politically correct and economically catastrophic as we are seeing. More corn because the government is not only going to subsidize, ethanol costs more as a fuel and, of course, now we are finding out that ethanol does not reduce pollutants. Less wheat higher prices. More land for corn equals less land for feed equals higher prices for those who raise chickens, pigs, etc. equals more high prices for the consumer.

Environmentalists have stopped us from developing more oil in ANWR and off our own shores so we have to depend on foreign sources for our country which is still growing. We can’t build nuclear plants. France derives something like 75% of their energy from nuclear plants and other European countries have a large number of nuclear plants as well. Energy prices are going up rapidly. I have one location where it used to cost about $2,800 a month for heat, a/c and refrigeration. My average monthly cost is now $1,000 more than that. If we don’t pay attention to who we put in political office we can expect more of the same. So every household in this country is going to be spending how much more for gas to run their cars, how much more to heat their homes and how much more to buy food??? Big numbers.

Did anyone notice that there is an Obama bill now moving through Congress that will require the US to spend .7 % of its GNP every year to help reduce poverty around the world THROUGH THE UN OF COURSE. The initial amount would be 30 billion a year IN ADDITION TO THE BILLIONS WE ALREADY SPEND. No publicity on this bill and the vote is unrecorded so there will be no record of who voted for it. Of course we can trust the UN to efficiently and honestly direct the money to the places it should go.

Last edited:
As far as politics, I treat it as a big river whose course is hard to alter. I just try to navigate it and avoid the boulders.

Last edited:
Back