Continue to Site

Grande cheese for delivery

48.png
TOMA:
72% of your flavor profile comes from your sauce.
And 68.7% of all statistics are made up. Forty percent of all people know that.

Last edited:
We actually use 3 different cheeses - one if the order is a delivery, one if it is a called-in pickup, and another if it is a walk-in order.

It takes a little more room in the makeline…

:lol:

Last edited:
48.png
TOMA:
i sell 23 different mozz cheeses by far the best is grade
yeah - I like ‘grade’ cheese as well its MUCH cheaper than grande cheese and covers twice as well as any other.

And I’ll always take the opinion of someone who ‘sells’ a product over someone who uses it.

Got this feeling that this is another one of the ‘people who appear’ to back up a store hear…ummmm yep!

Last edited:
48.png
TOMA:
keep in mind that all you are really looking for in cheese is consistency 72% of your flavor profile comes from your sauce. Grande is the most consistent of all the mozz on the market. I have a cust that does about 75k/wk he sells an 18 in pizza and uses 8 oz of grade on ea pie works for him
If 72% of my flavor comes from my suace, then that is where the emphasis will go . . . I do emphasize the sauce. 8oz of cheese on an 18" pizza would get my pizzeria burned down by the customers, don’t care what brand it is. It may work in the other guy’s marketplace, but not in the expectations of the customers I serve. They want more cheese, even if I don’t pay 70 cents more a pound for Grande.

Don’t get me wrong. I think they have a spectacular product, and it is a great cheese on other people’s pies I’ve eaten. It just isn’t for my place. Their Ricotta products are to die for, though.

Last edited:
THAT WAS AN ACCURATE STATEMENT 8 OZ OF CHEESE ON AN 18 INCH PIZZA I’M NOT SAYING I USED TO USE THAT AMOUNT ONLY THAT HE DOES AND HE HAS SINCE THE DAY HE OPENED i USED TO GRATE BLOCKS, AROUND 2200 LBS PER WEEK I WAS SELLING AROUND 3000 PIZZAS PER WEEK AND I LIKE MOST THOUGHT I HAD THE BEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD I NEVER MEASURED BUT LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS IT LOOKS LIKE I USED ABOUT 12 OZ PER 16 INCH PIZZA I SURE WISH I HAD THE MONEY I SPENT ON 4 XTRA OZ TIMES 3000 PIZZA PER WEEK TIMES 13 YEARS IN BUSINESS THIS GUYS POINT IS THAT ASA LONG AS YOU START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF CHEESE SO THAT IS WHAT YOUR CUST. EXPECTS YOU WILL BE FINE IN THIS AREA THERE IS A PLACE ON SALISBURY BEACH THAT HAS BEEN SELLING TRUCK LOADS OF PIZZA EVERY WEEK SINCE 1938 AND HE PUTS NO CHEESE (VERY VERY LITTLE) ON HIS PIES

Last edited:
Not in the pizza biz anymore? Why not? With Grande cheese you would sell 6000 pizzas a week and use 1200 lbs of cheese! What

Last edited:
48.png
TOMA:
I NEVER MEASURED BUT LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS IT LOOKS LIKE I USED ABOUT 12 OZ PER 16 INCH PIZZA I SURE WISH I HAD THE MONEY I SPENT ON 4 XTRA OZ TIMES 3000 PIZZA PER WEEK TIMES 13 YEARS IN BUSINESS THIS GUYS POINT IS THAT ASA LONG AS YOU START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF CHEESE SO THAT IS WHAT YOUR CUST. EXPECTS YOU WILL BE FINE IN THIS AREA THERE IS A PLACE ON SALISBURY BEACH THAT HAS BEEN SELLING TRUCK LOADS OF PIZZA EVERY WEEK SINCE 1938 AND HE PUTS NO CHEESE (VERY VERY LITTLE) ON HIS PIES
Three things stood out in the all-caps shout.
  1. you didn’t measire, so there really is no means of comparing memories to actual measurements. Many these days who are profitable actually weigh out each and every pie. Guestimates cannot really be compared to weights.
  2. Using Grande, as you originally asserted, would mean you could theoretically use 4 oz less on your pie . . . but you would be spending the same amount is changing over to Grande. No savings times 3000 per week times 13 years. Same price. That’s their whole marketing line . . . use less of ours and spend the same on cheese.
  3. You haven’t talked yet about price point. Sal’s Pizza in Salisbury Beach, MA (apperantly a tourist beachy sort of place) sells a 19" pie for 10.99 that claims to be a 3lb pie. Pics suggest low cheese content. Price point and volume are the keys. Not just that he uses high dollar cheese and very little.
As an aside, I am confused now about 16 inch pizza or 18 inch pizza that was using 8 oz of cheese. there is a difference of 53 sq inches or almost 25% in area of that pie. Huge difference between the two. Please help me understand what we are talking about. I use 10 oz on my 16" pie, so 8 would not be so amazingly low. On an 18" pie, 8oz cheese would be sparse for my clientelle.

Last edited:
Patriot'sPizza:
I’ve had 6, count 'em, 6 full service vendors call on me within the last 10 days - none cane beat the cost of RD All Trumps flour, fresh chicken tenders, wings, pizza boxes or their cheese (packed by Saputo)
do you know which plant packs for RD? Saputo varies by plant

I would assume it would vary by geographhic location

Last edited:
We’re whole milk/low moisture mozz (with “Made in Wisconsin” brand/logo) & prov (same branding)…

But, we still like/prefer this product over many, many we’ve sampled…

Used 2 use the shreded blend, but since we began shredding our own - we’ll never go back!!!

It’s not the cheapest cheese on the market, even with shredding our own…

We use 12 oz. on our 16" pie (scaled)

This blend can’t compare to the blend we used here in '04/'05 (diced North Star from Vistar, b4 mergers)

Last edited:
48.png
TOMA:
THAT WAS AN ACCURATE STATEMENT 8 OZ OF CHEESE ON AN 18 INCH PIZZA I’M NOT SAYING I USED TO USE THAT AMOUNT ONLY THAT HE DOES AND HE HAS SINCE THE DAY HE OPENED i USED TO GRATE BLOCKS, AROUND 2200 LBS PER WEEK I WAS SELLING AROUND 3000 PIZZAS PER WEEK AND I LIKE MOST THOUGHT I HAD THE BEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD I NEVER MEASURED BUT LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS IT LOOKS LIKE I USED ABOUT 12 OZ PER 16 INCH PIZZA I SURE WISH I HAD THE MONEY I SPENT ON 4 XTRA OZ TIMES 3000 PIZZA PER WEEK TIMES 13 YEARS IN BUSINESS THIS GUYS POINT IS THAT ASA LONG AS YOU START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF CHEESE SO THAT IS WHAT YOUR CUST. EXPECTS YOU WILL BE FINE IN THIS AREA THERE IS A PLACE ON SALISBURY BEACH THAT HAS BEEN SELLING TRUCK LOADS OF PIZZA EVERY WEEK SINCE 1938 AND HE PUTS NO CHEESE (VERY VERY LITTLE) ON HIS PIES
something smells fishy with your posts. First you say that you are now selling cheese, now you were in the pizza business. You didn’t weigh your cheese but you are NOW sure that you would have saved 4oz?

BS simple as that BS!

Last edited:
anyone use sorento?
I was brought a bag by a distributer (on a friday) it looked great will do a better run on monday

Last edited:
Grande is just not worth it. Every couple of years they drop off a case for us to try… no objection to the product, but I do not see a nickle a pound worth of difference. For a delivery op, it is less desirable than some of the other choices since it congeals faster into a solid mess after the cut…

Last edited:
NO BS I SPENT 28 YEARS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE COUNTER I TOOK A COUPLE OF YEARS OFF NOW I WORK FOR A DISTRIBUTER. IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR TEN YEARS YOU KNOW WHEN I WAS IN THE BUSINESS I THOUGHT I KNEW EVERYTHING BUT I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM MANUFACTURERS, BROKERS, ECT. WHEN I LOOK BACK I REALLY DIDNT KNOW MUCH AT ALL WE GOT OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT BELIEVE ME I BELONG HERE I PUT IN MY TIME

Last edited:
I will say this…from someone with no bias and not yet in the pizza business (looking to open our first place)…In attending the show expo in Vegas and trying every cheese I could…Grande stood head shoulders above all others for taste. At least in my opinion and again I had zero bias…the industry standard could have been Kraft for all I knew…I just thought its taste and texture were unequaled…

Last edited:
BELIEVE ME I SELL 23 DIFFERENT ONES I THE TRUTH IS I MAKE LESS ON GRANDE BECAUSE ITS ALREADY SO PRICEY BUT THE BUSIEST SHOPS IN NEW ENGLAND ALL (MOST) HAVE GRANDE IN COMMAN

Last edited:
SORRENTO IS ANOTHER EXCELLENT CHEESE IN ITS SOLID FORM PRETTY GOOD SHREDDED TO BUT IT LIKE ALL OTHERS (EXCEPT GRANDE) HAS ANTI CAKING AGENTS THESE MELT AWAY WHEN COOKED BUT THERE PRESENTS MEANS THAT ANY 5LB BAG OF CHEESE ONLY HAS ABOUT 4.3LBS OF CHEESE I’M A REAL FAN OF THERE MOZZ/CHED BLEND

Last edited:
And now that I’m actually reading your posts, you type like a 4th grader… Ever hear of spell check? Or punctuation?

Last edited:
Back