Continue to Site

Increasing the flavor of dough

Thanks PizzaNerd.

I have tried the options that you suggested except the combining of the two steps. I did go to a twelve hour biga rise which reduced the oven spring. We did achieve the increased flavor which was my original intent but with a loss of coloration. With increased oven tempature and moving it around the oven did just over brown the cheese without increasing the crust coloration very much. I will continue to think about this and experiment as ideas come forth. With the addition of the 2stone Oven, it is almost not necessary to continue baking in the home oven. It would be nice to have that as a possibility, just for the convience. I’m sure others have experinced what I am experiencing and have accepted it as a reality, something that can’t be overcome. If and when I figure out this browning issue, I’ll let you know. I might try some bread flour experiments to see what happens.

Thanks again, 😃

MWTC

Last edited:
hello pizzanerd
(I don’t have a 2stone oven, but I know that it is capable of providing temperatures above 750 degrees F.)
are you talking about the stone or the oven ?and if it is the stone do you keep your stone on the lowest shelf ?
thank you

Last edited:
48.png
lilian:
hello pizzanerd
(I don’t have a 2stone oven, but I know that it is capable of providing temperatures above 750 degrees F.)
are you talking about the stone or the oven ?and if it is the stone do you keep your stone on the lowest shelf ?
thank you
lilian,

The 2stone oven that MWTC was referring to is shown at http://www.2stonepg.com/. There is also a 2-stone grill version.

Last edited:
Back