Continue to Site

Sell more pizza, Spend less $$$ - Its Possible.

uhhhh… last time I checked you do not need to wake up from a nap, get up from the couch while relaxing, or interrupt someone in the middle of another conversation etc to get a door hanger off you door…

Last edited:
Guys and Gals,

Once again something in the pizza world and something in the real estate world collide. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and I really think that if done CORRECTLY this could be useful. I was reading a blog that talks about technology as it relates to real estate, and the article was about these devices. I won’t post the web address here publicly since the original poster is an advertiser in PMQ, but if you had an interest in this technology and you are on the fence, I can provide you with info about a tester account that lets you blast out to 25 numbers per day with another company. You could test some calls on some of your trusted customers etc, and see how they react. Then if the technology proves itself to work for you, please return to the original poster and continue to support PMQ advertisers. If anyone wants the info, just send me an email, or a private message.

-Scott

Last edited:
Hey Scott,

Thank you for the post and info. We also do not charge anyone to try this technology out. We give out a 30 Day free trial, and 100 minutes to run and test on. We dont need your creditcard either. Just signup on your own and try it out.

http://www.powerednow.com/index.asp?pg=create

Regarding RealEstate… We have 1000’s of Realestate brokers, Mortgage Brokers, Insurance companies, Debt Refinance etc… using DominoDial. This technology has always worked well in those industries… We know it works with big franchises, and reservation services… Now we (PoweredMarketing) are seeing if it will work in the Independant restaurant side of things. We now have several independants running the system, so far it performs the same when using on in house customer list.

-Paul

Last edited:
Let me share my personal experience with you.

As you all know, I work at Papa John’s. My boss owns 4 locations in my area.

We do perform customer call backs, as a satisfaction survey, so to speak, about their most recent PJ experience.

UP FRONT, I ask them if they have less than a minute of time, and if they do, at the end, I will give them a great deal for their time.

SO, I ask the 14 questions, and unless the customer is chatty, it IS done in less than a minute…and they get a BOGO (Buy one, get one free) password to use all that week when they call in, as many times as they want.

So, they scratch my back, I scratch theirs…and out of over 100 calls, only one got miffed and said DNC.

However, it could be because we take the time to PERSONALLY call, and are not automated.

I will say that even though PJ is a “big 3”…it is disappointing to see that many people here view the franchise in a negative light.

I have never worked for an independant pizzeria…but I must say, of the pizza jobs I’ve had…this one IS the best…but perhaps it’s because he does run it like an indie (going by the trials and tribulations I read here) vs. a PJ chain. He empowers whoever wants to be empowered, and does so much stuff for the community, etc.

Back to the callbacks…I hate to be the counter of the original topic…but personally, I get MUCH more agitated if I get called by a computer rather than a human, especially for a sales pitch. That tells me that I, as a consumer, weren’t worth talking to…that no one cared about how I REALLY feel about their product…they just want me to buy more and shut up.

Last edited:
PapaJgirl, Just curious… How do you personally call your client list of thousands? Of course if that is possible to do for the store then yes, that would truly be the way to go. Hands down.

We have many, many PJ stores that use our systems. We even built a PreQueue system for PapaJohns stores that takes all the press1 to order traffic and holds them until lines are open at the store. This is a big issue at stores that run our systems with < 10 phone lines at the store. With the PJ stores running DominoDial, some are more agressive than others, but most will “notify” their customer list (current 6mos) of an upcoming event or special. Some will run campaigns 1x per quarter while others will run every few weeks…

Thanks for the post PapaJGirl…

Last edited:
We can print out reports that will give us the customers by date range, and that is how my boss prefers us to call our customers, because he wants the most recent experiences right now to get feedback.

Specifically, we are analyzing driver times, friendliness, and neatness at the moment.

Next week, it may be customer service hold times, friendliness…or just how the pizza came to the door.

We’re in a small town, so we do not have access to the WHOLE PJ base, obviously…just who has ordered from us.

He feels, and I tend to agree, that past disgruntled customers are a moot point (the previous PJ owner was AWFUL…can you say $300 on a Saturday night during football season??? YIKES!!!)…because most will have the notion that we are still the same PJ as before, just shut down a while to regroup.

SO, we are working with the most recent customers, gleaning feedback from their experience, and giving them something in return for their time.

Last edited:
So, the small town cynic is curious if anyone has since tried out this service and has any preliminary results or impressions to share with the group.

I am still curious about using this service for another market altogether.

Last edited:
sad 2 say…tho I’ve met Paul in person (he bought a pie!) I’ve been unable to complete a transaction, in part, because I, as a new start-up, don’t have a decent call list…

there have been a few “fumbles” like, their system doesn’t like my vanity phone #, but that was a minor issue…

the interface looks easy as well…

but…

I’ve chosen to go w/another outfit I began talking 2 before I met Paul - list provided & a bit “cheaper” on the minutes…

Will keep everyone updated as to the results…

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of giving my customer database to call blindly…

But, I think as an opt-in tool, this could be fantasic. When it’s feeling like a slow night is coming, you can fire it up and call people who specifically asked you to call.

Perhaps put an advertisment and sign-up form on your website?

Am I able to have it start making calls whenever I want?

Last edited:
PoweredMarketing offers a free trial with 100 minutes of calls to see how and your customers you like it. Not an advertisement, just information. Click their link to see the offer.

Last edited:
Well, we’re off!!!

I am doing a “test” run of 1000 calls 2nite…(another service tho)…

so far, most have hit an answering machine…

My opening line was “This is not a political call…”

Will keep ya informed…

Last edited:
Back