Continue to Site

who is into the mobile marketing sms text coupons??

update

Up tp 78 text members - slow but the numbers keep increasing.

Sent out text for today and tomorrow(Moday & Tuesday) for a dine in pasta dinner buy 1 get 1 free

Will let you know the response.

pt

Last edited:
We’re about to open, and after alot of research we have found a company that will do true sms marketing for us. My brother in law has being using them for over a year with his Sports bar and grill and he has 1200 optins and uses it to promote bands, fundraisers, his annual golf outing, daily food and drink specials and new menu items. He pays $99 a month for unlimited text messaging and a cool feature is that every month (once a month)he sends out an offer but to receive the offer, his customers have to give up a little info. Example being text us your Birthday and we send you a great offer. This companys software collects the data and then on the week of the subscribers birthday he sends them a “free Birthday lunch on us” text. Usually the guy comes in for his free lunch with 4 or 5 full paying customers in tow. He also collects through this text company names, email addresses, favorite menu offerings etc. By collecting names of customers, he can automatically insert them at the start of each text that gives a personal touch and stops it from seeming like a marketing blast.He has done businesses in the past with another vendor but swears by this one.$25 dollars a week and he claims it makes him 30 times that gross. We are going to do the same thing as him and lean on him for guidance at the beginning. He used to run weekly ads in the local paper and entertainment magazine that cost over $1200 a month. Now he spends $99 a month on advertising and sponsors a bunch of local sports teams and more community events that keep him in the community spotlight. He claims that he prefers to market to the people that are local and already a customer of his. I’ll keep you posted as we grow but for now it’s follow the leader. We have plenty of competition locally but no one else is doing sms so we figure we’ll tap right into that under 40 crowd easily.

Last edited:
48.png
pizzatime:
update

Sent out text for today and tomorrow(Moday & Tuesday) for a dine in pasta dinner buy 1 get 1 free

pt
Pizzatime, how long have you been doing it and what have you being using to get people to join. We’re not opening until Nov 17th but we already have 180 Facebook fans and 162 sms joins. We just got sms 6 days ago but promoted it on our facebook page.

Last edited:
48.png
pizza3.1416:
48.png
pizzatime:
update

pt
Pizzatime, how long have you been doing it and what have you being using to get people to join. We’re not opening until Nov 17th but we already have 180 Facebook fans and 162 sms joins. We just got sms 6 days ago but promoted it on our facebook page.
I started in the summer. I’m up to 84.

Not to be a downer but don’t count on those numbers as customers yet. Send out a facebook message to your already list of friends from everywhere and its the in thing to be added. I would be willing to bet you are in your early 20’s and have a large friend list on facebook(which is a good thing for you). Just don’t count on sms to be some hidden gold. It takes time to get real numbers from real customers that actually respond to the sms. I do believe sms is a long term gold mine.

pt

Last edited:
“I would be willing to bet you are in your early 20’s and have a large friend list on facebook(which is a good thing for you)”

No I’m actually 42 without a personal facebook page but I set one up for my business about 5 weeks ago. I just did 10,000 postcards(delivered fri,sat and mon) that had a scratch and enter on it. Its had no coupons attached. simply put it asked the recipient to text a word to a code, and don’t forget to follow us on facebook. I have gotten 2703 sms joins so far as i’m still getting 200+ a day. Every one of them have have had to give me their Birthday via text to receive my offer so now I have the ability to send them an offer good for the week of their birthday. Of the 2703 joiners 2,676 of them received: Store opening 11/18, Please take $5 off any food purchase, dine in only, Excludes alcohol, Expires 11/30, and 27 lucky new customers received a"you are the WINNER of a $50 GIFT CARD. SHOW TEXT TO MANAGEMENT TO REDEEM". My Facebook page is is lagging behind in results but i’m now just shy of 600 followers on that too. My brother in law who has been doing sms for over a year and only promoted in house at his sports bar has 1200 members in his reckons what I did with the 10000 direct mail pieces was genius.It was my reps idea but it looks like a masterstroke. I’m really looking forward to opening as if most of the offers get redeemed thats over 200 guests a day till Dec 1st. My menus just arrived and they look good and feature my “MVP Text Club, Are you a PLAYER?” 2nd logo.

Last edited:
48.png
pizza3.1416:
Store opening 11/18
Please say that you are doing a soft opening sometime before this date to work out the kinks in your operations and get everyone up to speed… pretty please?!?

Last edited:
Wow, that is a great response to your marketing…congrats!!!

Keep us posted on your response/redemption rate.

As mentioned above, are you having a soft opening?

pt

Last edited:
pizza3.1416 wrote:
Store opening 11/18

Please say that you are doing a soft opening sometime before this date to work out the kinks in your operations and get everyone up to speed… pretty please?!?
48.png
pizzatime:
Wow, that is a great response to your marketing…congrats!!!

Keep us posted on your response/redemption rate.

As mentioned above, are you having a soft opening?

pt
Lol Guys. Thanks for the concern. Yes I have a few things going on re: opening. My son goes to a small private school (2nd grade). 500 student. It represents about 425 families. Through the school I organised a school fundraiser, “Pizza Social” 1000 tickets at $10 a ticket with each ticket = Free Family Size Pizza. We are going to cook up our full menu to hand out samples on the days of the event. Event is Saturday 13th at 5(church is out a 4.55) till close. On Sunday we are doing a fundraiser for our sports teams we’re sponsoring in 2011. Supposedly 400 tix sold for that. Monday is our work out the kinks day, Tues is soft opening to public, Wednesday is VIP(family and friends) Thursday is Chamber day with ribon cutting and Friday is make money day. Thanks for your concerns.

p.s. 2854 sms members as 11/5, sms box-toppers arrived and the buzz is growing.

Last edited:
48.png
pizza3.1416:
A couple questions…

$99/month? do you have a dedicated keyword or is it shared? Has to be a shared key word with yours being a sub keyword

whats your customer base numbers? Are you in savanah? If so, it only took you 10 days to capture 10% of the population?

It really doesn’t add up with me…

What am I missing???

pt

Last edited:
Is your keyword from textking?

For instance…

Call dotcom to mvp then your sub key word

I have yet to talk to anyone with a response that came that way.

I have 5 others that do what I do from different parts of the us and they are in the boat with me on this one.

pt

Last edited:
48.png
pizzatime:
48.png
pizza3.1416:
A couple questions…

$99/month? do you have a dedicated keyword or is it shared? Has to be a shared key word with yours being a sub keyword

whats your customer base numbers? Are you in savanah? If so, it only took you 10 days to capture 10% of the population?

It really doesn’t add up with me…

What am I missing???

pt
I had to talk to my rep to get the jargon straight. So this is what I have.
I have my own unique “keyword”. My “keyword” is on a shared shortcode (seemingly a shortcode cost upwards of $1000/month to lease.) I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I have approx 60,000 population in a 3 mile radius.It took me 5 or 6 days to get over 3100 “opt-ins”, because I spent alot of good money targeting 10,000 homes with my postcards. It’s $99 dollars a month for my texting and thats for unlimited messages. Its not textking but they are the best company outthere after doing my research, and are not hard to find with a google search. They give a free month for a referral hence my secrecy. My brother in law referred me and got a free month, and he has referred many other businesses over the last year.My rep tells me if anyone is interested and 10(bulk buying power) or more come on at one time he will waive the $100 set up fee for each of the individual accounts. PM me if your interested. This is my niche in my market as no other pizzeria is doing it so I think its a perfect fit for me. All my tables have tabletents, the staff were trained to promote it for when we open and every box/order delivered or picked up will have the sticky lable promoting it attached. Now I have a store to open in a few days so I gotta go. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Update:

5 official days open to the public. 12.5 K raised for 2 fundraisers. I have officially redeemed 1342 text coupons as of close last night. My initial member numbers we a little misleading as many households opted in on secondary phones and have redeemed twice, but all in all this is better than I thought. I’m up over 4000 opt-ins with a week of my $5 off text coupon left. I expect another 1000 redemptions or so as my customers love them and want more offers on a weekly basis. Thinking of my next offer now. Been suggested to me to do a Lg. 2 topping plus med. kids cheese or 12 wings plus 2lt. of pop for $22(regularly $28+) for my next offer.

A happy camper.

Last edited:
I am using the mobile marketing text program. The one reason I got into it is because of the short code, it is 90210 the most recognized number there is, so very easy to remember. There are many packages you can get. IFor 1500 a month u can get unlimited texting but you also get around 10 keywords, this is nice is you have more than one business or more than one store. Or you can become a regional director and you actually sell the texting program to people. This is what I signed up for, it cost me around 3000 for the year but I have like 20 keywords, I have two other licensed stores that are going to use the system under me and they will each pay me 100 per month so in reality it will only cost me 50 per month and I get unlimited text messages. If you think about it and build a data base of 1000 customers I can send 1 or 2 text a week, that is 4000 to 8000 a month and it doesn’t cost me anymore. I am also opening a second restaurant myself so i can use another keyword for it and now each of my stores only pays 25 a month. If anyone is interested in this I can have someone get ahold of you, just send me an e-mail or your phone number.
Kel

Last edited:
Been lurking for a bit. I work at TextMarks and we’ve got a bunch of pizza places that use our service, and I’m looking to do an even better job for them than we already are. Our customers have seen similar results to the ones posted on this thread, the ROI on SMS marketing is definitely huge. I’m a big believer in working directly with customers to make something that works well, so I’m interested in feedback on how to take SMS marketing to the next level. For instance, how do you currently prevent fraud when you offer something to people when they opt in to your list?

Last edited:
been a while since I saw activity here figured I would “bump” because I had a guy come in offer to sign me up for free for one month. I find it funny though whenI ask him how much they charge using the honor system…you tell them how much in sales you get and pass along 10%…thoughts :roll:

Last edited:
famouspizza: I guess 10% is a better deal than doing Groupon at least! :lol:

We have some college guys running a service here with 1,300 subscribers. They charge about $.05/each subscriber to send out a text blast. $65.00 to reach 1,300 people interested in receiving deals seems reasonably priced to me.

Last edited:
Brad: do you do this text messaging? I visited your website, it appears like your location is college campus areas, but is it mostly students or older cliental? Does the texting work good with them?

Last edited:
Back