4 Color Menu for Hotel

So one of our local hotels which gives us TONS of business has decided to do their own “room binder”. We gotta pay 150 bucks and we can put in a 2 sided Full Page ad/menu. The catch is we must design and print them. He has stated he will only use “high quality” ads in the binder. They only have about 60 rooms but is at the busiest intersection off the highway. He want to rid the front desk of menus and things.

There is no question we will do it because we do get so much business from this hotel and have built a great relationship with them.

Sooooo where in the heck do I get something like this made? I tried doing one on my computer but not at all the kind of ad/menu I want. I would like it to be like a post card stock with uv coating. Ad on front/ menu on back. I will need help getting a design.

I don’t want to spend a fortune and it seems that with minimum quanities etc. I am gonna have a hard time finding someone to create and print only about 100 of these.

Any suggestions?

Kris

Kris I am sure if you look around your area you can find a graphic designer to help you…And as far as cost, do not worry too much about the cost…What you need to focus on is the revenue you will generate if you have a design that “jumps off the page”…It might cost you several hundred dollars for a quality design, full colour printing, lamination, etc. but with such a captive market it should still be a great investment…

GotPrint can do 8.5x11" full color, glossy on 14pt gloss coated cover with UV. They sell 100 of them for $98 + shipping.

here’s a link to their postcard ordering page:

http://gotprint.net/g/uploadPostCard.do

I have been very pleased with corporateavedesign.com. Teshia, the designer, will design a flyer, full color front and back for $89 and make sure that it fits the template for the printing company of your choice.

Kris,
Just a word of warning. We had a salesman through a couple of months ago trying to sell us exclusive listing in the books that were to be in the rooms of the only hotel in our delivery area. He spoke a lot, and fast and said all the right things. There were just enough things about him that bugged me to keep me from trusting him. He always showed up in the evening rush, he had no business card or liturature, just a sample book. He had written his name and cell # on the motel managers card which you can pick up on the front desk. In three visits I never saw anything with a company name on it. He kept pushing me for a check right now. He started off at $900.00 for a year in a 64 room hotel then when I balked he instantly dropped it to 450, 150 of which he would take in gift certificates which was weird because he was not from our area. He also told me the store that was listed in the book last year got huge business from there. They were not relisting because they closed shop.
I was dragging my feet until I got to talk to the hotel manager and the sales guy got annoyed when I said I wanted to check him out and asked me “Why do you need to check me out”. That was the end of conversation. A week later I drove past the indie shop that he said had advertised the previous year. He is still open.

I talked to a couple of owners that have been ripped off by bogus salesmen offering space in hospitality books in hotels. Obviously these books exist so there are some legit salesmen selling space in them, but there are also con men.

We get some printing from http://www.printplace.com - you can get 2 sided 4/c 8.5x11" flyers here.

They have a 250 free business cards promotion right now so you can try their services without worry.

As for the design - you can run a contest for your new menu on 99 designs. If you go this route, I would suggest you have the contest for both a menu design and postcards for your next promotional direct mailing to get more bang for your buck.

Thanks for the feedback. Gives me some stuff to look into. Took a tumble at work and sprained my ankle never realized how much I use my feet. I will have time the next couple of days. I have the layout and type for what I want just need it jazzed up with 4 color.

Rick thanks for the heads up. We have done some business with other hotels advertisers with binders and such in the room but by far the best has been having our menus and the relationship with them. I appreciate the owner of this hotel is trying to make something a bit nicer and more affordable. We shall see.

Kris