Do you currently have a VIP text program?

With a VIP text program you can build your own VIP text club with your own opt in vanity code. Once you build your database you can send out weekly promotions that drive traffic with your own offers. Facebook reaches 12 out of 100, email 20 out of 100, and text 98 out of 100. If interested please let me know! We can structure something that works for you!

Hi Shannon, Welcome to the TT. We have a number of members with products and services to offer that participate actively here. For most part, their contributions of knowledge to the forum lead to people contacting them and I am sure it is helpful to their business… but it is generally not a place for straight-up advertising or solicitation of business.

I am sorry for that, I was trying to be informative about the text marketing industry as a whole since I
saw so many people looking for new ways to get people in their doors.

Shannon…I’ve run a SMS system for years, but it mostly falls on deaf ears here…lol…

In what way do you mean? How do you utilize or implement it?

I used to use a service, but @5¢ a text, it can be pricey…lol…I use a jail broken iPhone & a SMS app…I send 'em out in batches of 99…my 1st text is to thank new customers & then I thank those that ordered that day…then every 2/3 weeks I blast out a limited time offer…

Yes, that would get expensive with that format. Taking a ton of time too and having to limit your messages because of the cost.
I could help you do better more easily. Just say the word!

Shannon…I spend maybe 15 minutes/day & send out maybe 5k texts/week, for $20/month…doubt you could make easier or cost effective for me…but others def need help…

Oh I misread your last post, I thought you were paying 5 cents per text now for 5000 text per month. Mine has more features like contests, text to win, birthday club text to vote and autosends to fb and twitter. It takes 2 mins to send with a flat monthly rate unlimited. Again it’s different:) Thanks for the feedback!

Have you sent out text-only promotions? What is the response like? I really think it is a good idea, but I think you’re the only one I’ve seen on here that is doing it. If there are others I must have missed their post or don’t remember seeing it.

TXT 180 is $14.95/month for 500 messages and a keyword. I know that’s a lot less than what you send, but it would get us started.

The problem wth limited campaigns is its incoming and outgoing messages, so just for a customer to opt in you have 4-5 messages, because of compliance. So if you have only 100 customers you have about 500 messages, then you are worried about sending out more which defeats the purpose. My program is unlimited. You only need to sell 4 extrA pizzas a month to pay for your campaign. Should be thinking about getting thousands of members ! Not worrying about cost:) Worry about how to handle all the business! My program is flexible to help you get started as well. Plus I will teach you how to market the text club!

What is the cost of your program?

Is someone able to get started with a limited plan at a cheaper rate, and then upgrade to an unlimited one as the subscribers grow?

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Yes the program is flexible. It’s is a set up fee of 299 and 99 a month. You also can get a free month for any business your refer to me. I also give you 500 promotional cards to hand out to your customers and we design signage for you that you can print yourself or purchase from us. There are over 5000 merchants and less than 2 percent have opted out over 2 years. You can get your first month for free right now. But I have a small boutique that had over 300 opt in in the first week. So I would be hesitant to put someone on a limited plan. Limiting your messaging is limiting your ROI.

I will also happily give any member of this forum another $100 off the set up fee. You get unlimited artwork, contests, keywords, messages. I live in a city that has probably 500 pizzerias. Competition is stiff and you can’t expand a business by contracting. Reaching 98 percent of customers has a huge value. Also companies online offering cheaper rates don’t have a marketing professional with 10 years of experience working with small businesses in digital and social marketing monitoring and making sure you succeed.

Thanks for asking:)

Do your customers text a short code, or are you doing it another way?

I send a text to everyone that orders online the very next day, thanking them for their order…then they get catagorized and get another text in two weeks with a special offer, then they get a text every 3 or 4 weeks…I loose/request off maybe 3-5 per 100 texts…

I used text messaging a LOT with my business and it was SUCH a useful tool. I had a similar approach to Patriot’s Pizza, i.e. texting following a customers 1st online order thanking them for business and mentioning that we’d like to send them offers (AND give the option to opt out - something which I did on EVERY MESSAGE).

I’d use texts n a couple of different ways:

1. on none payroll weeks (middle of the month) with a reasonable offer
  2. as part of a campaign - I’d do 6 or 7 different offers over 6 or 7 weeks in the quiet months
  3. If I had to get rid of a surplus stock
  4. to promote a new product / offer
  5. If I new we might be quiet - really hot weekend etc
    etc

Built up a couple of thousand text customers per store and used it in conjunction with email, facebook and menus!

Have to be careful not to over egg it though - last thing you want is to promote then fail to deliver!!!

Do it properly though - make sure you do the first text and ALWAYS include an opt out!!

Do you do this for all online order, or new online orders?
Can you share an example of your intro text?

You can also run a contest if you use a shortcode to get hundreds or thousands to opt in instantly with a custom text, with links to your apps or online ordering… I have done this with huge success!!

durbancic…we send a thank you text to everyone that orders online, new or old, usually by 2pm the next day…1st customers might get something like this…'Thank you for your 1st order!. We, at xxx pizza really appreciate you choosing us! As our thank you, please enjoy an order of CinniStix on us the next time you order! Use code CS1001" BigHoller is programed to accept that code for 30 days.