Let's Talk Automation

Our sales rep, yes I know hes trying to make a sale, said he had a customer who had to take 5oz off his dough ball because he was getting a better rise. I certainly don’t believe it, there’s more dough than just the tightness of the roll

Did you buy a refrigerated van or did you convert one? If you converted who or what type of place did it for you?

Bought a used Ford Transit already set up with a refrigeration unit.

Can you point me to the machine you use for cutting your chicken strips? Souvlaki is our biggest seller after pizza and having something to speed up that labour would be very valuable.

Thank you,

Nick

Oh wow that’s crazy. I just looked at the digital magazine after reading your message, I had no idea they were printing that. As a follow up to that question, since I asked it a while ago, we really didn’t have any magic thing we did to handle the sales. Over time everyone working just got better and better at managing the sales and now it goes pretty smoothly. We did increase our staff a bit but it really was just the core employees adapting. If sales had happened organically and moved up steadily we probably would have never had an issue but since it was just an overnight thing it was quite the system shock.

1 Like

Wow and that’s pretty clear. Unbelievable people still get confused

We had someone type in yesterday, sub banana peppers for green peppers. Just doesn’t make sense, they had to scroll past it to type the notes in

How.many here use portion cups for dressings and sauces? Have you figured a way to.speed that process? We make our own dressings and sauces and the filling of cups is a real time drag .

We go through a shit ton of portion cups.

Each dressing is different.

RANCH: you pop a hole and squeeze the into the portion cups you have pre laid out. Once the gallon is almost empty you cut it open and rubber spatula the rest out.

BLUE CHEESE(CHUNKY):
Use a big tablespoon, have a stack of portion cups next to the gallon. Grab the portion cup in one hand, dip the spoon, fill the portion cup, place it on the counter. Dont pre lay the cups like the Ranch, it doesn’t work well. When the gallon is halfway down cut it open so the spoon can get down to the bottom easier.

PACKETS OF DRESSING/SAUCE ARE WHACK

1 Like

we use piping bags to portion cups of bleu cheese

we use kens gallons for all our dressings. we cut a 1" triangle near the edge and squeeze out to portion cups…for the chucky blue cheese we do the same except cut a much bigger hole

We do the same but cut a slit at the top of the seal for airflow. It comes out a lot easier

2 Likes

All good options, except we make our own dressings and don’t have a jar.

We make our House dressing in a 6qt bucket everyday. We use the spoon method.

We also make homemade duck sauce in a 5 gallon bucket, then we pour it in a 1 gallon pitcher with a spout and fill the pre laid out cups

put the dressing in a water pitcher and pour into your cups

I was looking to see if there was an automated solution.

Maybe a pancake or doughnut unit could be used somehow

We make our own ranch and use these to put them into portion cups.

We lay out the portion cups on a bun pan, squirt the ranch, and move them to another station for capping.

We do 8000 cups a week and I’ve tried every system you can think of, including the ones listed in this thread.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search/store-and-pour.html?filter=capacity:1-gallons

We use a pancake batter dispenser set for 2 ounces.

We use a food portioner (ice cream scoop). “Green” works best for a 4oz cup.