Pizza boxes made in China

I want to print custom boxes for my LA-based pizzeria, but I have trouble getting a good quote. I contacted Star, Whalen and a few others, but they’re either not responding or quoting very high prices on the initial order of 10,000 boxes. Google search returns a lot of offers on Alibaba from China. Has anyone ever ordered boxes from China? Should I consider it?

No. The big boys you contacted are for the big boys in pizza business unfortunately for us small mom and pop pizzeria folk. Instead of doing custom boxes, it’s been a huge cost saver for me to do Box Toppers. They’re also much more versatile and interchangeable if you want to swap out specials or photos, etc. I also don’t have the space to store a bazillion boxes like most of these companies require for a min order. Best thing Alibaba is good for is buying cheap stuff and selling it for profit on Amazon! Lots of people do it here in SF.

there is another option, use white boxes and have a stamp made(they make them in large sizes)
and then have employees stamp each one it gives it a unique look

Yes, it certainly seems to be the case:) I’m already doing the box toppers, but we’ve designed a really beautiful box that I think is going to support our branding. Huge competition here in LA. My biggest concern with China-made products is whether there’s any history of them using unsafe materials, toxic paint, etc.

When I mentioned buying boxes from china to our current box rep, he mentioned the same thing about toxic materials. Who knows. Sales people will definitely tell you anything to get you to not switch away from their product. Then again, i wouldn’t say it’s a stretch either…

I’d be very concerned about any food product or something that comes in contact with food from China.

Look at the lead laden toys and sidewalk chalk from over there, the Garlic grown there, the plastic rice, the fake eggs in the shell.
Just don’t do it!
To offset the cost of boxes, see if one of your providers can help you financially by adding their logo

I’m tempted to buy our delivery bags on Alibaba. Minimum order is 300 bags. Last time I looked is was $10 a bag.

Who is your distributor? I have had custom boxes since day 1. My distributor warehouses them for us. They do a lot of 1 shop operations?

I agree with Grinders. Box Toppers can provide the branding you are looking for and they have at least a chance of not ending up in the trash in the morning. By printing them in large quantities we get them under 3 cents each full color.

Let me know who your distributor is and I’ll reach out if they do warehouse them for smaller shops?

All the vendors that we use offer to warehouse our boxes for us. Might be a volume thing though I’d guess.

We use Cerenzia foods in Rancho Cucamonga. I don’t think go as far north as you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our distributor is Jacmar. Thanks!