POS Systems... Diamond Touch VS. PDQ

We purchased PDQ 2 1/2 years ago. We’re very pleased with the system now. My big gripes, and this may no longer be the case, but it runs on Windows 98(can’t use a flash drive), once a customer is in the computer you can never, ever take them out, and the customer reports could be a little more versatile.

Very easy to operate. Most of the 16 year old blonds that come through the doors don’t have trouble with it. Definitely designed for a pizza shop.

Minimal hardware issues, touch screen and server went during the first year, both usable until the replacement arrived, covered by warranty.

Support is excellent, usually very minor issues solved with first phone call.

Installation of equipment day 1, and menu tweaking on day 2. System fully ready to go day 2.

NO DOWN TIME. Knock wood, this system has never crashed on us. We have never been left stranded, not even for 5 minutes.

<<<I had issues with this system for the first 9 months. I will be the first to say that if every one of their customers had the same issues, they wouldn’t be in business. All of my problems were solved ASAP. They went above and beyond to get my caller ID going. I’m talking 4-5, maybe more visits for that alone.>>>

Thank you Heather for the kind words.

to answer your question though: we are now using windows xp pro wepos (windows embedded point of sale), flash drives are no problem at all. i see your eastern pa, e-mail me and i can talk to you about upgrades and any other issues you may want to discuss.
mike at pdqpos dot com.

thanks again

Re: and Speedline and Firefly and Revention…

Lisa,
Why has pmq deleted all of your posts?

Last edited:

I have no idea why pmq removed my posts, or why the other thread was not moved to this discussion. I really feel like my freedom of speech has been taken. One would think that with all the attention it got they would have at least moved it in with this one. Oh well!!
Lisa

lmj2134:
I really feel like my freedom of speech has been taken.
Someone REALLY needs to read the Bill of Rights and pay attention to the First Amendment and who and what it applies to.

Last edited:
60.png
snowman:
lmj2134:
I really feel like my freedom of speech has been taken.
Someone REALLY needs to read the Bill of Rights and pay attention to the First Amendment and who and what it applies to.
I agree someone does, but that someone is not Lisa.
These posts re Diamond Touch have had more views and replies than any other topic ever. Certainly, when we decide to purchase a POS system we all want to find out all we can and the TT is a good place to do a little research. I have followed this topic from day one and appreciate all the info that I have gained re POS Systems/Companies/Resellers/Etc.

It was also very interesting and informative to follow Lisa’s story re Diamond Touch. I’m sorry to see that most of it has been deleted. I commend and thank Lisa for telling her story. I’m sure we all learned a lot from it.

Last edited:

Come on guys/gals. PMQ’s Think Tank belongs to them. No ones Freedom of Speech has been violated. Yes, we’ve had some censorship, but that is part of the game to having a moderated forum that someone else pays for and that people buy ads to support.

Create your own website, create your own audience, and then post all you want. Until then, respect the fact that PMQ is a business and needs to sell ads to industry companies, including POS companies. Allowing the think tank to become littered with posts about a single incident involving one company and an end user - is bad for THEIR business.

Last edited:
not intentional

This deletion was accidental and on me. In my attempt to move the threads, I overwrote it with the one we are currently typing in now.

PMQ does regard all input as valuable. I apologize and am currently attempting to recover from our backup file. In the mean time, feel free to start another thread and continue the discussion.

PMQ Webmaster

Re: not intentional

Webmaster,
Way to go. Glad to see your doing the right thing. I, and I’m sure a lot of others (thousands of views) followed Lisa’s story. I think we all would like to see how the story ends. Except maybe Chris :twisted:

Last edited:
Re: not intentional

Is there anyone out there using future POS? I am in the process of switching from National and have done a lot of homework. I am leaning toward FUture POS but am trying to get some good hard feed back from actual users. I like the product alot more than PDQ, Diamond Touch And Microworks, But I can’t seem to find too many pizza operators using this system as of yet. If anyone can help with feed back of the Future POS it would be greatly appreciated. Tech Support, softeware durability, hardware durability ect… Thanks again.

I wouldnt buy a system that didnt list everything I was getting. Why not? I have heard to many stories of “sorry that wasnt included” I want a list of everything I am buying that is how I compare apples to apples. I dont just want a basket of fruit. I want to know what kind of fruit I am getting. How do I know if ever computer comes with a keyboard or every station comes with a priter. Do I need the network cables? Do I have to have a nouse with every computer if I have a touch screen on every terminal? what kinf of printers do you use? which model is it is it thermal or dot? What kind of cash drawer? I dont want one of those cheap ones I want the really good one! Do they all come with Microsoft office can I just have it on one computer? Wow do I ever have a lot of questions. That is why I would only look at a detailed list. Would you buy a house that you couldnt look at and the desciption was 1 house 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms roof floor walls lights cabinets windows and doors. No you would want to know the details.

Last edited:
I am a small 1 shop and was looking into buying a pos system and all the sales people have confused me more. i would appreciate any information that you have on your system Thanks!

Whos customer service is better?

Well Diamont touch is very good POS… but not a good customer service

There have been several posts asking for info on firefly or Speedline. I have been looking at them as well as micros and am leaning toward Speedline. Based on the comments here Ill also check out PDQ but would like to hear from someone with experience with the other 2 also. Could be that no one is using them which is an answer in tiself

Thanks
for the info

Am I wrong in assuming that Micros is more of a dine in system while Firefly and Speedline are primarily used by delivery restaurants. It just doesn’t seem like those three should be on the same short list.

Last edited:
Paul

You are correct. Micros was the first I looked at but they had no delivery capability. I checked speedline and firefly because they advertise here. I am looking for the good the bad and the ugly experiences from people who currently use a POS.

I know its the right way to go…but the price is putting me off. I will probably lease, is the ROI worth the 300-400 a month

Thanks

George

i found that revention pos is the easiest and most effective for someone like myself who owns a pizza parler. I really like the software that they use and all the tools that come with it. Especially the mapping feature. NOt all my drivers are familiar with every neighborhood and that alone saves my guys quite a bit of time delivering orders.

How long have you had Revention for? Im leaning towards it and going to make a decision at the Vegas Pizza Show. Everything I’ve seen so far about them looks great (also did the demo). Im just trying to ask as many people as possible before I make the BIG expense. The only other one I was interested only was Speedline.

Last edited:
Re: and Speedline and Firefly and Revention… Speedline

I wouldn’t recommend FireFly or Revention. Firefly came out with their product at the end of 2003. Revention emerged a few years after that.

Speedline is the clear winner. They have been in the industry since 1994 and have an excellent support staff.

Last edited:
Back