Anyone recommend an insurance company for Bar/Tavern?

We’re coming down to the wire here with our need for insurance and so far, it looks like we’re 95% signing up with a company called “All Risks, LTD.”… who apparently might be the only people in town who do bars?? I tried my local State Farm company (who I have my vehicles and home owner insurance through) and they don’t do bars/taverns… I figured before I go on a wild goose chase for insurance, does anyone have any recommendations? I am realizing insurance for bars and taverns is much different than that for restaurants I think because of the liquor liability. We are in Baltimore City, MD.

-Rich

I use Penn National Insurance. They have some great coverage. I do not own a bar but I can tell you that they have some unique coverages and their rates are really good.
I googled the insurance agencies in your area and many of them are Penn National agents.

Find your local Independent Agent, they should have access to at least one company that will write a “bar” policy in your area. Many of the large national chains don’t seem to be interested.

I think in many areas the breweries have group programs…You might ask your local reps…You may have to speak to an actual brewery employee versus someone who works for your distributors…

That’s my advice, too. I got my restaurant insurance at 1/3 the cost that State Farm quoted me by using an independent agent.

Thanks guys. I did go with a local rep (friend of a friend even) who ended up searching for a policy for us (from a highly A++ rated and reputable company) which I am satisfied we cant do much better than. With the liquor liability, its tricky… not many places want to insure a Bar :slight_smile: I was just hoping there was this magical insurance company to go with like CardSolutions,Inc. for credit card merchant processing LOL. Thanks again…