Box Toppers

Need some ideas on some Box toppers … what works for you and what hasnt … thanks for your help
this think tank is so helpfull , thanks to all of you :expressionless: :slight_smile:

I just use a small card creating software
put my name, address, Ph#, hours & then put 2-4 Specials
fit 2 on an 8X11 sheet then take to local office Supply have them
copy and cut get 500 Copies(1000 after cut) for under $40
I use a Neon Colored paper high bright

inexpensive & Effective

Here are some general thoughts without knowing exactly what you are looking to accomplish other than to create repeat orders.

1: Do you offer online ordering? If so promote the heck out of it. Could even be the entire design driving people to your site. Online ordering is awesome if people know you have it.

2: Do you have a text message program or other loyalty program? If so promote the heck out of it on the box topper.

3: Promote some specials on days or day parts that you are slower and need more traffic. This could also be the entire focus. For example, I have a customer who used to be very slow on Wednesday evenings so they run a Wacky Wednesday’s promotion where from 4PM-11PM they have special deals. Of course this is just one example.

4: I would also consider promoting my highest profit most popular items. Drive sales to the key items that make you the most money and you know people will come back for.

Just a few thoughts and as always I would suggest printing a smaller quantity, test, track and tweak.

Josh
Mail Shark
Direct: 484-948-1611
http://www.TheMailShark.com

I meant to reply to this earlier but never got “Round Tuit”…

Have you done any testing?..My clients tell me that when they switched from 1 colour menus to full colour, their response improved…And it improved further when they increased the size from 8 1/2 x 11 to something larger…

So IMO (free so worth every thing you paid for it) you are losing some opportunity using the format you are using…Yes they are inexpensive, however, marketing should not be measured on the basis of cost but by the return you get…So in my mind, colour is better…

With your existing clients, you only have so many…So if you can improve the response by changing your box topper, you are ahead of the game…

The post was about Box toppers Not menus I do print 4 color menus and EDDM them I put the inexpensive BOXTOPPER on the Pizza box going to my customer so they are aware of any new specials that I might have so they can take it off put it on the fridge, cabinet, or trash 6cents versus 12-14cents for a trash liner

My reply was about box toppers…You and I just disagree about what kind of box toppers to use…You are worrying about cost and I am more concerned about return on investment…If a colour box topper gets you more orders than a b&w neon one does, cost per piece is no longer relevant…But the only way to know is test and track the results…

Remember when you were a kid and would sit and read the cereal box in the morning? The back of the box had jokes, riddles and interesting facts that you always found interesting (or at least I did).

We have a friend who owns a couple of shops (Big 3) and they did a study that showed people really weren’t reading box toppers. They were discussing not using them on their boxes any longer.

Our box toppers get read. We do a 1/2 sheet newsletter format on bright colored paper. It tells them about the current pizza of the month, a trivial fact about our shop, sometimes a joke or cartoon, news about what we’ve got going on, 3 coupons…you get the idea. It changes every month and it’s different than the standard colored glossy sheet that everyone else is putting on top of their boxes. We keep it newsy, but at the same time we’re still advertising, but in a different and interesting way.

We’ve been doing it this way for about 8 years now and it works good for us.

The offers on our box toppers are BY FAR the most used offers we have. They are not our best offers, but they are the ones that the customer has right handy so they get used.

We print a full color 8.5 X 5.5 (standard size sheet cut in half). We print 40,000 at a time so in full color they cost less than 2 cents each.

They go on EVERY box we send out.

I like Josh’s ideas for promoting online and a particular day offer. Might do that next time around!

Thank you all so very much … some great ideas

One thing to think about is that anything is better than nothing. Any way you look at it, when you waste time thinking about box toppers, you are missing opportunities. The trick, then, is to start box topping, not spend time looking for the best box topper.

Who knows, your market might like something printed on pink paper in one color ink. Some markets prefer 4 color ads. Yours might have better results with $ off over free ad ons.

Get things going, give yourself permission to screw up, and start making some mistakes. Knowing what not to try is almost as profitable as knowing what to try.