Business Plan - Need to find Stats

I’m trying to find statistics for the food industry as a whole but I’m running into a snag finding anything that is current and free. Any suggestions? My husband and I are opening our first take out and delivery store and this is the first business plan of this nature I have drafted.

Hurricane Katrina devastated the south of Interstate 10 area of our City. We are building north of I-10 where population by view is growing rather quickly. It appears a lot of residents from the south area are relocating here and we are seeing residents from New Orleans relocating.

Finding census information specific to the north area of Interstate 10 is proving to be difficult. The census bureau has county and city. I guess I could include the stats for the entire city and county, but it kind of skews the information, but I don’t want to leave that part out. This area is obviously growing. We can see all of the new housing but also businesses. The small grocery store expanded and totally rebuilt a huge store and a pharmacy is now building across the street from there. There is one restaurant in the area. They serve New Orleans’ style food and although a competitor in the sense they are part of the foodservice industry, there is not a pizza delivery store close by. The nearest one is almost 20 minutes away and they don’t deliver to our area.

I’d be grateful for any input on this part of the business plan. We’re always unique here in the south; i speck if my business plan were unique it would be okay.

Thanks,
Megin

One of the best places to start looking for industry information lay but a short cursor move above you. The “Industry Info” tab bears much of what you will need. Information I picked up there went a long way to building my plan when we were shopping our dream around.

I completely overlooked that tab!! Thank you so much!

'nada

I use restaurantowner.com huge download library got my applications,employee handbooks,rental reduction template,bussiness plan template you get the picture

Joined restaurantowner.com today. Thanks!

I’ll see if I can find the links ot the pages i used when i get home. There was a place that was “hidden” on the census pages that I came across randomly clicking that might be helpful.

Bryan