Grubhub

Anyone using it? Thoughts?

I use it and we get 20-30 orders per night from it. They charge you a percentage of the sales and have several different percentages you can pay and the more you pay them, the higher your restaurant is positioned on their website.

I was considering using them,
How do you receive order placed with them? If I do use them, I plan to go with a fax machine. I just do not want my cashiers having web access off a POS terminal. I had one employee really “F” up with a virus once already. I cannot have that happen again. It got past Security essentials & spybot, it was a real SOB to clean too

Comes via email for me. What is a fax machine lol! Order is emailed and they call to confirm you got it. Enter order into your POS and send to kitchen printer. They direct deposit your sales minus their commission/3% cc fees every friday morning.

Tried them out for about 1 or 2 months and dropped them like a cinder block off the dock. Not worth the charge for me. Plus they were taking there % off before subtracting sales tax.

http://thinktank.pmq.com/threads/anyone-ever-hear-of-eat24-eat24hours-or-grubhub.16006/

We have a tablet they provide to make it very easy to comunicate to them and the customer.we have to put the orders manually into POS. I think their usfulness is short term only

I’ll tell you what, I was researching Eat-24, and considering bringing them onboard,
but the constant, never ending annoying phone calls from one of their sales people badgering me daily has really not helped them look good . I understand commission sales, but it has exceeded ridiculousness especially when I am getting calls in the middle of our dinner rush, you’d think people who deal in restaurant ordering would know better than to make sales calls during rush times.

I get some calls like that and every now and then I just lose it. Last week, 6pm on Friday and I just went off on the guy- Franchise Lender; "Dude, really? It’s %$#@ing 6pm on a Friday and you “know the biz”? Man, was I pissed!