Increasing Online Sales

Our shop has been open now for a little over three months now. Things are going well, and sales have been increasing. We have online ordering and I love it. No messed up orders, the average ticket price is higher & it does not tie up the phone lines. Right now we are sitting at between 5-10% of sales coming from online.

Do any of you guys that use online ordering have any tips for increasing online ordering? We have tried making the first online order come with free delivery. That had some legs, but not to the level I hoped for. We have a good presence on Facebook & Twitter. (We already have 1,800 fans on Facebook.) Any tips would be welcomed.

Check out Golden Knight’s facebook fan page. He does a good job of facebook to drive online sales.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Gol … zza?ref=ts

That’s me!

One method I like, is I control how the menu is set-up (still a work in process)…

The 1st menu has all my specials, but I stagger the Mozz Stix & such thru-out the list, along with package items…

Tho I’m a “low-price” college pizza place, I am selling quite a bit of those $.10 mozz stix…

I give away free wings with one deal…but it costs me little, as they are paying full price for a pizza & buying another item…

Our best combo is the chicken tender/12" pizza deal…we move quite a few of those…

Now that school is out for a few weeks, we’re revamping once again (its so easy w/BigHoller) and will finish up a new on-line menu in a few short days…with new pictures to boot!

Facebook is our key marketing tool, along with road signs & door hangers…

We’re now printing all our stuff to inform the guest to order on-line for the best deals…

If you call our store, we have 4 traditional specials, but we also inform them of the on-line site…many, many callers hang-up & then order on-line…

Some folks will read a Facebook special…several days late & call in that its not listed on the site…minor problem, but we have enough specials for most…