Take & Bake

Does anyone think that the take and bake trend is still alive or has that train passed? In other words would it still be wise to try and open a take & bake shop?

Take and bake never seemed to take off here in Florida. I’m shocked to see that Papa Murphys has average store sales over $500K annually. My guess is they have very little competition in their markets in regard to take and bake pizza and the emergence of another T&B in competition in same markets would mostly split the sales that they are already doing. It seems to me that this segment is small and if one is to be successful with it they would need to find an area with little other T&B competition and “teach” the consumers there the advantages of T&B.

. . . . and set to take SNAP cards (EBT food stamps)

There is one right next to me. I was a little concerned at first. But ultimately it didn’t really affect us. They definitely have a specific market. I hate to stereotype, but the majority of their customers are of a particular variety. They seem to be getting by, but it seems like trends show that it doesn’t really do well in the south east. So, I think a lot depends on what part of the country you are in.