Worldpay, JUST SAY NO

I just got off the phone with Worldpay, (used to be RBS).
I switched processors and Worldpay wants $400.00 to close out my account. When I got the account I was told there was a penalty if I closed it out before the anniversary of the contract. We have had 5 anniversaries and they say the contract automatically renews each year so blah blah blah, you owe an early termination fee or you keep account open and pay minimum charges about $45.00 until November 20th. :evil:
They really do not want a chance to ever get any business from me ever again.
I just had to vent! and no I do not feel better!

Tell them to pound sand. Also make sure your bank shuts them off from auto access to your account. If they insist, contact your state AG and the BBB.

I contacted an attorney here in Indiana, and he advised me that yes they can auto renew you for the rates BUT your agreement to which You can cancel does not auto-renew! after the initial period you, unless you sign a contract you are NOT bound by there decision. That being said I would consult an attorney to make sure it applies to you. Lastly yes they will auto debit you to hell and back! so you have to alert your bank. MY BANK SUCKS, they allowed them to debit (base fee) even after I paid a fee to block them! and they would not let me reverse it because I gave them permission! I literally had to close my account and open a new one. I HATE RBS!

I had advised a friend to use RBS when he opened his shop nearly 3 years ago. They had been doing a decent job for some other stores in our chain and they gave him a fair cost plus contract. Of course, at the end of the first year, they jacked his rate without notifying him. Well he didn’t notice/complain, so they gave it to him extra rough after year two ended. Like a lot of us, he was busy running a pizza shop, and didn’t realize he had been violated until last month. They were soaking him for over 5% for his 200k/year in processing. He is in the process of switching, and will save over $500/month with Heartland. How can a company consider this to be an ethical way to do business? I’m sure when he switches, they will sick collections on him and claim him to be on an auto renew contract or some other BS. If RBS offered to do my processing for FREE, I would tell them to pound sand.

going through the same thing with Worldpay also…total BS :evil:

I can only kudo’s to Square…might be a tad more expensive @1st glance (2.75) but its been well worth it for me…being able to swipe cards @ their doorstep…

I’ve yet to have a dispute in 6 months…money is pretty much there the next day…no monthly fees…no crazy paper trail…free card readers…

And Starbux just invested $25M in them…

Patriot,

like the concept of square b/c every driver has a cellphone…tried the mobile machines years ago but that was a p.i.t.a b/c every driver needed a machine

so is it really as simple as a straight 2.75% for everything including AMEX? from a delivery standpoint it makes sense because we are paying more for non-swiped when we take the info over the phone.

would love to see a statement that just has sales x 2.75% = monthly charge but seems too simple for these corporations because there is no room to hide any other charges

From their website:
With Square’s per-swipe pricing, every swiped payment card we accept (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) has the same flat rate of 2.75%.

With per-swipe pricing, our fees are taken out of each payment as they occur so there is no fee schedule. Square does not require a contract upon signup or have any monthly minimums. It doesn’t cost you anything if you don’t use it. If you type in the card information manually, our fee is 3.5% + 15¢.

With credit/debit card fraud being so prevalent in the news, I can not help but think that customers will feel uncomfortable about handing their card to some 19 year old kid they view as a stoner and having it swiped on their phone. It’s not what they are used to and despite it probably being safer than reading the card number over the phone, I’m willing to bet that it will lose customers. They might not call and complain, but some will go back to their old pizza shop that does their processing the way that they are used to… over the phone or over the internet.

Actually, Paul, quite the opposite…folks are intrigued when we tell the story…I,ve got many, many repeat users…no one has ever balked…

And you can go online anytime to review, in a spreadsheet, in seconds…

I never get a debit or statement…Inget an email every morning, telling me how much was deposited…

I can tell where/who each charge was taken…check out is a breeze…

I HATE Mercury and am glad I’m thru with them…

VOIP, Square, text messaging…I prefer to roll against the flow…works for me…

Wow you guys are really hitting the good topics today, I use heartland and when we bought the pizza place we the previous owner had a terminal , well it magically stopped working after the 1st month. and they wanted to charge us to replace us ,our local rep was able to find a warranty and replaced it for , well monday i could not batch out , so called heartland and they said it was software and had to be replaced . one the machine is less then a year old , second it will cost 200 to replace it after we send them the old one which they will refurbish and send to someone else . yeah I know the scam its not broken because it can be wiped and reloaded like a computer .