Installed Edge 60WB's last night. Stoked

jokergerm

Well after like 2 years of talking about it I finally orderd my Edge 60-WB ovens. Cooking test pizza now

I can say that both ovens running is quiter then 1 MM-PS360WB. Got the cool walls powder coated red to match my store. they look amazing. Can wait to get them dialed in. thanks Mike for the help at MF&B on sunday during the install. Took us 3 hours to remove the old ovens and re-install the new ones

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c257130bedc1dee51d2c9999f1680406&oe=57751C1F

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e6e6a2cb3b42fea469939905c79d03e0&oe=57B9A918

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c93b79202c9e5d9234196961a5f74be2&oe=577B5C2F
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c14de0064e74713bcebae959df62a3bf&oe=57BF0912

Last edited:
I got the same ovens in a triple stack installed in February. You are going to love everything about them. Mine are not the cool red though.

Last edited:
Looks great!

Who prints your boxes? I’ve been looking to find someone that prints more than just the typical small “printable area”

Last edited:
We probably need a triple stack. We will see how it goes. These should be 20% more volume then my MM360sWb. Cause they are 10% larger bake chamber and I shaved 30 seconds off my cook time

We will see, we definitely maxed out the MM WBs in rushes.

We get the boxes from a large buying group over seas. They have a huge minimum order though

Last edited:
We’ve got double stack edge from MF&B as well at one of our locations, we love them. Really like the red powdercoat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
About 5 years ago, I bought a double stack of edge 60’s. A year later, I figured adding a 3rd oven was a 12k insurance policy. God forbid if one of our ovens broke on a Friday or Saturday night we would be screwed. Well edge ovens just don’t break! I figured it made sense to have it for big orders and just in case. As we got busier, we started using all 3 on Fridays and Saturdays. Then on Thursdays and Sundays.
We recently bought the wide body 60’s as our business has continued to grow. Great problem to have, and a great oven company to do business with! Go ahead and add the third oven. You will grow into it.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine what it’s like running a triple stack during a 2500-3000 dollar hour. At least with a double you max out and can handle it

I feel we would need 3 people on oven. A tender to check and pull, a cutter and boxer and a router/ sorter.

We cut on a board not in box. Adds another step as we use the rocker knife

Last edited:
Remember the mantra that all ovens are a law onto themselves and only onto themselves. So don’t think that there is something wrong if you need to tweak one oven or the other to achieve a like/similar bake, that’s perfectly normal.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
I mean the MM360 fluctuate from the set point about 15 degrees

The edge is within 1.

With MM I would be at 500, it would swing from 485 to 515.

The edge at 525 goes from 524-526 degrees

Last edited:
Do the controls on these ovens allow you to set for a 30 minute bake time? We need this setting for our wings.

Also how does the bake compare to the middleby? We use PS555 that are about 15 years old. I need to replace them but I am too worried that it will change our bake and run off our customers?

Do they let you do a self install? Our local installers will charge us upwards of 3K to install ovens. They basically just plug them in.

Last edited:
Our edges atleast go to 23, that’s how long we cook our wings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ovens are very nice, although I am just as much interested in looking at your kitchen setup! Thanks for the pics

Last edited:
Red does look cool! Your kitchen reminds me of those fancy rooms where you’d see an exotic car parked. Nice!

Last edited:
Do the controls on these ovens allow you to set for a 30 minute bake time? We need this setting for our wings.

Also how does the bake compare to the middleby? We use PS555 that are about 15 years old. I need to replace them but I am too worried that it will change our bake and run off our customers?

Do they let you do a self install? Our local installers will charge us upwards of 3K to install ovens. They basically just plug them in.
I will look tomorrow about the bake i think it will goto 30 minutes. they cook much better then my MM ps360-wbs that we replaced. Much more even back and the Temp is always within 1 degree.

yes you can do self install i did them myself with the help of the crew and a friend or 2

i am going to order another set for my wife shop in a couple weeks here, would recommend them for sure and you can get a triple stack WB for like 40k

Kitchen temperature has dropped 10 degrees overnight with install. We were mid 80’s before now mid 70’s in the kitchen

Last edited:
Back