Installed Edge 60WB's last night. Stoked

Yea the 180 per case are way too big to make any money but they still heat up with 1 pass. Currently we are getting about 220 to 230.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Right now they are $80 a case. My supplier gets them from Wayne Farms somewhere in the midwest. They do have a tough time getting them though and I have also a lot of issues with the bits and pieces lately. They a bringing in some from a different plant on Friday and I’ll see if they are better. They best ones I have found in SoCal are the Restaurant Depot ones " Mountaire " I just don’t want to go pick up 80 cases every week.
My local Restaurant Depot allows me to fax in large orders (one day in advance) and they have the order ready to go on pallets when I arrive the next morning. They place it on my truck with a forklift. If you’re willing to pick up the 80 cases you might be able to work out a discount with that volume. I have had one manager cut me a break another would not.

Last edited:
I do pick up wings there once a week or so. We need 2 suppliers for wings out here in California because we do run into shortages. They all come from the midwest and the logistics can be a problem at times. Sometimes my distributor runs out and sometimes Restaurant Depot runs out. I have to keep them both on the payroll to assure I keep stock. I get about 85% from my distributor and 15% from RD.

Last edited:
I do pick up wings there once a week or so. We need 2 suppliers for wings out here in California because we do run into shortages. They all come from the midwest and the logistics can be a problem at times. Sometimes my distributor runs out and sometimes Restaurant Depot runs out. I have to keep them both on the payroll to assure I keep stock. I get about 85% from my distributor and 15% from RD.
I’m not sure which Rd you shop at I shop at the one in Fountain Valley and the manager has told me about this company it’s called Pronto and they will shop Rd for you and deliver the product to your store. The charge a % on how much you buy. Not sure if you have heard of them but I have also seen them do drops around my town.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My local Restaurant Depot allows me to fax in large orders (one day in advance) and they have the order ready to go on pallets when I arrive the next morning. They place it on my truck with a forklift. If you’re willing to pick up the 80 cases you might be able to work out a discount with that volume. I have had one manager cut me a break another would not.
I tried this a few times but it seemed like they pushed all their old products on us so we hand picked ever since.

Last edited:
Do you cook your wings from fresh or frozen? What is your oven temp for the 23 Minutes?
We just got in some Koch uncooked party wings. How do you initially cook yours? Do you have them fully cooked and ready to be run through the oven once they get to your stores?

Last edited:
We just got in some Koch uncooked party wings. How do you initially cook yours? Do you have them fully cooked and ready to be run through the oven once they get to your stores?

Initial cooking is done on a sheet pan with a Lloyd wing screen insert. For a standard pizza finger config in a conveyor oven it will take about 20 to 27 minutes. Once that is done we coat them lightly with our buffalo wing sauce and bag them in 10 piece orders.

When an order comes in we toss them in the sauce of choice and run them thru the oven on silicon injected pizza sheet setting in Lloyd coupe pan.

Yes they are fully cooked once they get to the stores.

Last edited:
Initial cooking is done on a sheet pan with a Lloyd wing screen insert. For a standard pizza finger config in a conveyor oven it will take about 20 to 27 minutes. Once that is done we coat them lightly with our buffalo wing sauce and bag them in 10 piece orders.

When an order comes in we toss them in the sauce of choice and run them thru the oven on silicon injected pizza sheet setting in Lloyd coupe pan.

Yes they are fully cooked once they get to the stores.
Thank you! I’ll let you know how they turn out. We tried something like this from pre cooked wings and felt the wings coated in buffalo kept them crispy on the outside and more tender on the inside

Last edited:
Thank you! I’ll let you know how they turn out. We tried something like this from pre cooked wings and felt the wings coated in buffalo kept them crispy on the outside and more tender on the inside

We put 8oz per 20lbs of wings for the pre coat. The time of order is 4oz for 10 piece

Last edited:
We put 8oz per 20lbs of wings for the pre coat. The time of order is 4oz for 10 piece
4oz per 10pc order?
Being such a high volume operation, how do you get the staff to measure that consistantly?
Do you have a pump system that squirts 1oz per pump?
The reason I ask us bc I have my sauces in fifo squirt bottles and just have staff eyeball coverage. I notice some staff leave a puddle of sauce in the bowl, and I pay sometimes over $60 a case for those sauces.

Last edited:
4oz per 10pc order?
Being such a high volume operation, how do you get the staff to measure that consistantly?
The reason I ask us bc I have my sauces in fifo squirt bottles and just have staff eyeball coverage. I notice some staff leave a puddle of sauce in the bowl, and I pay sometimes over $60 a case for those sauces.
Its still a work on progress on the portion control. But 4 oz is what it is supposed to be. We stand over their shoulder a say thats too much or thats too little at this point. I do need to work on a better system for this.

We use squeeze bottles.

Last edited:
Wow! Now, we put the sauce on after the wings are cooked, so it does not absorb into the wings and evaporate when cooked, but we only use 2oz sauce for 10 wings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
we sauce after they are fried…we cut our sauce usage significantly by using the bowl and strainer method for our most popular choice - buffalo sauce…it also presents much better when they are not in a puddle of sauce. I wish we could do that for our other sauces but we have space limitations

Last edited:
we sauce after they are fried…we cut our sauce usage significantly by using the bowl and strainer method for our most popular choice - buffalo sauce…it also presents much better when they are not in a puddle of sauce. I wish we could do that for our other sauces but we have space limitations
How does the bowl and strainer method work?

Last edited:
How does the bowl and strainer method work?

we keep a large stainless steel bowl with a no skid bottom 1/2 full with hot sauce on a shelf…as soon as wings come out of the fryer they are ready and are thrown into a strainer (approx 1/4" large openings) so that the basically all the sauce drains which saves us a ton on sauce and they look better when not drenched…we get a few requests for extra sauce on top but 99% of our orders are fine and our usage drastically decreased from when we used a squirt bottle and tossed in a bowl. I would love to use this methosd for all our sauces, but we have space limitations and the vast majority of our wing orders are for buffalo wings

Last edited:
we keep a large stainless steel bowl with a no skid bottom 1/2 full with hot sauce on a shelf…as soon as wings come out of the fryer they are ready and are thrown into a strainer (approx 1/4" large openings) so that the basically all the sauce drains which saves us a ton on sauce and they look better when not drenched…we get a few requests for extra sauce on top but 99% of our orders are fine and our usage drastically decreased from when we used a squirt bottle and tossed in a bowl. I would love to use this methosd for all our sauces, but we have space limitations and the vast majority of our wing orders are for buffalo wings
Does the health dept give you any problems with this? Having an open bowl of sauce sitting out?
Are you always adding more sauce to this bowl? When does the cycle end of wings getting dipped into the same sauce over and over again? Couldn’t you theoretically be using the same sauce from a month or 2 ago if the cycle never ends?

Last edited:
Are Edge 60’s roughly the same bake time/temp as MM 360? Just wondering for those who went from MM 360 to Edge 60 if they had much adjusting to do after the switch.

Last edited:
4oz per 10pc order?
Check with the your distributor or even with the manufacturer of your sauces, Franks does offer 2 oz pumps that fits on their gallon jugs. If you cant do that, if you can pour them into a widemouth container (ie mayo container) you can use a 2 oz ladle to scoop it on)

Last edited:
Does the health dept give you any problems with this? Having an open bowl of sauce sitting out?
Are you always adding more sauce to this bowl? When does the cycle end of wings getting dipped into the same sauce over and over again? Couldn’t you theoretically be using the same sauce from a month or 2 ago if the cycle never ends?
yrs ago we used the bowl dip method. Health dept said No Go.

Last edited:
Check with the your distributor or even with the manufacturer of your sauces, Franks does offer 2 oz pumps that fits on their gallon jugs. If you cant do that, if you can pour them into a widemouth container (ie mayo container) you can use a 2 oz ladle to scoop it on)
I looked in to the pumps. My sauces come some in small jugs some in wide mouth… I forsee problems(thicker sauces, or things like orange peels in some sauces clogging it)
Now the ladle thing seems straight forward and couldnt be screwed up by my staff

Last edited:
Back