Boneless wings

Does anyone know of a good boneless wing that can be run through a conveyor oven?

We use a Pierce product. Wing dings, I think they are called. We have never had a complaint about them - we cook them 1 pass through our conveyor oven. Toss in sauce after baked. Paying about 3.30 / #

-Dan

We’ve been looking to add boneless wings as well. We tried the Wings Dings from Pierce and the size was pretty inconsistent. It was hard to portion them out. Who do you get them through Dan? We are at nearly 4.00 lb for those things.

We use lanova boneless wings they are very good. We use them in wraps and a buffalo chicken salad!!

Tyson is the way we go through Sysco LOL!!!

Yeah, the size can be inconsistent, we weight each order to try and keep the portions as close as possible- sometimes a 10pc order will have 11 in it.
We use both GFS and SOFO foods, there are about 8 items that they both quote for us. Keeps them honest, keeps our cost down.

Dan

we use pierce as well, and while we should be more consistent, we just add a few when they are smaller.

We use a perdue product that is very good. Same issue with size though however we sell them by weight… we introduced them to the menu that way and nobody has ever questioned it.

my solution is to use the smaller pieces for a buffalo chicken salad or a buffalo chicken wrap…huge sellers!

Restaurant Depot just started stocking the Tyson Red Label product we use. It dropped the price by more than 35% (v. what I was paying US Foods). I use them because they are the only consistently sized product I’ve found. They are now $2.52 at RD. I bought 30 cases, in case the pricing was mistake. They are fully cooked and, if defrosted, should work fine in a conveyor.

I started using LA NOVA. really like the product. Does anyone know how it compares to TYSON ?? Trying to figure out menu price as well. I started out with an “INTRO” price of 1/2#lb for $5.50, now looking to up the price, was doing some research at other places and what they charge, getting an average price back at 8pc for $8 - $9. To me that just seems high. Any suggestions & any comparisonof brands. We put them in our greaseless fryer, works out great. seems to take to long in regular oven

I guess I should add on that over the last few months our LA NOVA boneless wings have averaged out to 1/2# is 8 pieces

We, too, use a Tyson product from RD…we sell 1/2# and a full pound, along with tater tots…

We use the boneless wings from RD as well and had great success and lowered our over all cost, normally we deep fry ours but there are a few customers that ask for them baked!

Both La Nova and Pierce have great products…

Tyson sometimes tend to be fatty.