Does anyone here sell alot of fried food?

I called the company that makes my breader.
I explained my issue and he suggested I try this process:
Before the rush
1.All the projected tenders go into the breader
2. Then into the water bath (Breader and water)
3. Then back into the breader
4. Lay double breaded tenders flat on sheet pans
5. Keep in the walkin for upto 2 hours

Fingers crossed I need relief badly on this issue

1 Like

Good tip. I like them slightly better. right now they are on sale for 20.95

Over the weekend I tried a few ideas to get ahead on the fryer station.
First I tried prebreading then I laid them on sheet pans air dried them for 30 mins. Then into the walkin cooler. This method worked OK. The tenders had a tendency to stick together, also they took up alot of space in the cooler. We sell too many too fast.
We came up with a new method that I think has potential…when it gets busy we just put the whole bucket (10lbs) of tenders in the breading bin bread them up really well and just leave them in the breading flour, when ordered we grab a bunch shake off the excess breader, weigh out the correct amount then down in the fryer they go.
The 10lbs will be gone in 20 mins during the rush. I like this method it still needs some fine tuning but things are looking up

The way your chicken tenders sell makes me want to take a trip north just to try them haha. Glad you’re finding a way to make things easier!

1 Like

Chicken tenders are a part of it definitely but honestly I think our homemade duck sauce is a majority factor. We go through about 8 gallons a week. The customers go crazy for it

Me too. I would also like to be in there on Friday night and watch it all happen.

That sounds amazing, like really amazing

best thing I did was get a Pitco unit with built in filtration and digital timers. The timers are programmed with preset cooking times that are color coded for each item to make things somewhat “idiot proof” or in PC terms “mistake free”. Now if I can only find someone to work this station I would be golden…