EMail Scam Large Order

I received an email today inquiring about a large order. I knew right away that it was a scam but I can’t seem to figure out what it is. The guy wants food for $250.00 to be picked up June 18th. He’s going to prepay with a credit card and then have someone else pick it up. The English is all broken and he’s asking for my cell and fax number. Anyone know anything about this one?
Sara

The “scammers” keep trying…

what the scammer will do next is over pay, then they’ll ask for a refund of the overpayment through Western union.
Check out 419eater,com, maybe you can send this guy on a safari and have some fun if you have the time for that

He is going to want you to run the card for, say, $350 instead of $250 - and ask you to give $100 in cash to the person picking it up for him as their “delivery fee”.

Then a few weeks later you will get the chargeback notification in the mail…

Oooo thank you, yes I love scamming the scammer.

Had one or two of those over the years; Dial tone solves that… quickly.
There was a site I remember a few years back- ebolamonkeyman or something like that where the scammer gets scammed. Might even be the one mentioned.
Make sure you have an hour or two, and don’t drink anything as it WILL end up on your keyboard!

Let me guess, the credit card will be stolen correct?

I was told by the fraud squad to take as many credit card numbers as they will give you and keep telling them they were all declined then pass those numbers on to the authorities.

We have gotten this scam as well. when people are willing to order that easily without any questions or concerns its a scam. We also used to get them over the phone they would use the phone system for the hearing impaired to order food. We would just say scammer and hang up on them

Yeah, the hearing impaired relay service scam. I haven’t had one of those for a few years now
I typically tell the operator that it is a scam, and apologize to the operator for them being forced to deal with these tards.
Yet, they do get people to fall for it, I believe it is mostly greed on the business owners part, or maybe total idiocy for not belonging to PMQ or other industry forums to keep abreast of these things.

There are other forums?

You guys nailed it. He wants me to add on $1,600 to the total order, charge his credit card and then give his “shipper” the $1,600. Should I try to run the card through for a penny?

Just tell him it was declined and you need a different card.

And each time he gives you a different card number, tell him each one is declined, save the numbers he gives you, and get them shut down

Does his “shipper” actually come pick up the money? I wonder if you could get him arrested?

the funniest part in this, is they say they’re calling from Detroit and they want to come to Washington State to pick up an order for 35 Large Cesear salads to be picked up in 3 weeks… I just kept asking them questions, like what is the name of the person picking up the order, what is the date, what number do we call you to tell you when it is ready for pick up. What time do you want to pick it up… Yeah, its been about 3 yrs since we got that call… and I love the idea of keep telling them the card is denied… my machine also asks for a billing zip code… and I can play with that one to… no I won’t run the cards at all, but I know the prompts and so I can tell them the order is denied because of a wrong zip code!! hahaahah on them.

No I have to Western Union the money to the “shipper”. And of course it’s very urgent that I wire the money right away.

Imagine that…

The best way to deal with this is to just forget about it, hang up on them.

You could play with them a little, but why waste any more time on them?