How were you Super Bowl Sales?

Just curious to see how everyone did. Where you slammed, dead, busy all day, just the game, or just before?
Better than last year, worse, normal?

Over the past 3-4 years, each year Superbowl has gotten slower and slower.

Superbowl isn’t the busiest day around here anyway, it’s usually Halloween. But yesterday was even slower than I expected.

Oddly enough, a couple of our stores had near record weeks - even with Superbowl being basically a normal Sunday.

Superbowl has always been a good day, but never a huge one. (Our best days are double what we do for Superbowl) However, this year we had our best superbowl ever, nearly $1000 better than we have ever done.

We are normally not affected by the “Big Game” very much, except the year the Pathers were there. That being said, last night was up about 27% over a normal Sunday and almost the entire evenings sales were between 5:30 and 7:30PM. We were cutting labor by 8:30. We had one extra driver scheduled and one extra cook, and had about 5 more people on standby at home so they could enjoy the evening if we did not get a pop. Overall a succesfull night but we could have used much more.

Rick

did any of you did any type of marketing?

My 3rd Super Bowl, once again, just another Sunday for us. The only thing I’ve noticed is that sales start later and end earlier.

Just another Sunday, IS IT SPRING YET???

I am closed on Sundays. Tried opening a few years ago for the Super bowl & it was a total waste. This year I only had 1 phone call according to my caller ID.

We were busy. We did a Friday night amount of sales on a Sunday so that’s up about 40%

50% busier than a normal Sunday

$800. busier than last year.

Second busiest week we’ve had.

Up 150% over a normal Sunday

$500 more than last year

I run Box toppers for 3 weeks before the game. Email the week I introduce my game day specials and then again 3 days before the game. The week leading to the game I post a different special on facebook everyday and then post all of them the day of the game. My specials run the entire week leading up to the game.

This year was up. We are 90 minutes from Pittsburgh. This year was also our first year with wings on our menu. We usually sell 240lbs. of wings each week but between 3:30 and 6:30 on Super Bowl Sunday we sold 220lbs. in that 3 hour time frame. Never knew wings would be that popular for one game.

We ended up about 30% over a normal Sunday but it was all in 3:30 to 6:30. After that it was a ghost town.

About 40% busier then a normal sunday.

No marketing.

Our wing sales have absolutely blown up over the last few weeks. I cannot figure out what is driving the sales because they’re my least profitable item so I intentionally ignore them in marketing, etc. But, I think they’ve grown around 400% in sales in just a few weeks. Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas what’s driving this, maybe a national promotion from a chain I’m not aware of that’s making people think of wings more?

Also, did anyone get the Super Bowl hangover on Monday? I was down about 60% yesterday.

we did a whopping 500% of our normal Sunday! :shock:
[size=2]
closed on Sundays, though . . . . closed SB Sunday, too.[/size]

PACKERS RULE

saLes were up, but we ran a few promotions,
NEXT YEAR WILL BE THREW THE ROOF, I PREDICT
2012 SUPERBOWL INDIANAPOLIS
http://www.nflnewsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/Super-Bowl-2012.jpg

You’ll have to go through my JETS… not happening we own “yous” now… :lol:

And when that happens, I’ll come and visit.

Seriously? How about this, Rockstar . . . when the Packers come to town January 2012 to defend the trophy’s return to TITLETOWN, then I’ll come spend the week working for you for cheap, in return for a good place to see the game and eat good food all night.

our sales were average this year.part of this imo is since this year started better then lastsales wise I didnt run as great special as last year.superbowl sunday is slower then it was say 4-5 years ago.