Meatballs for subs

Anyone out there have a great recipe for meatballs to use on subs??? Tired of using supplier products looking to beef up meatball subs by having bigger meatballs besides standard 1oz balls.

My Italian husband makes amazing meatballs, don’t know recipe offhand, but one interesting thing he does that is rather unusual is that he deep-fries the meatballs before putting them in the sauce. His are a bit larger than golf ball size and I personally wouldn’t want them any larger - especially not on a sub - too difficult/annoying to eat.

Fontanini makes a delicious meatball and I know you can get them at least as large as 2 ounces.

There are a few really good meatball sandwich recipes available on the recipe section of our website. Search by “Menu Part” and “Sandwich” or “Category” and Meatballs". One of the favorites around here is the “Seconds Flat” Meatball Sub Sandwich made with Apple Jelly.

We have [b]meatballs[/url][/b] ranging from .5 oz to 2 oz. available in a variety of flavor profiles. We also have [url=http://www.burkecorp.com/images/stories/pdfs/new_products/other_new/Flat%20Meatballs.pdf]flat meatballs which work well for sandwiches, pastas, pizzas and other signature items.

If you are interested in any of these, please PM me or fill out our sample request form.

We use 2oz. beef meatball by casa rosina thru ROMA foods aka vistar,pretty sure they carry a 3oz. ball.

i agree, go with the 2oz ones… they’re much bigger.

1 lb ground beef. (mix 2-1 beef/ pork if you want)
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup romano cheese
4 oz chopped fresh parsley
1 table spoon fresh garlic
a pinch or two of pepper
two pinches of fresh or dried oregano

mixx all ingredients together…add a touch of water or milk.

get an ice cream scooper with the appropriate ounces. pack into the scooper tight, despense and you have a meatball.

Bake or fry till 165
keep in a steam table submerged in marinara over proper holding temperature till use.

we use the Fontanini 3oz meatballs and they are fantastic

I second the Fontanini…

Last week, I actually had a dine-in feller call me out of the kitchen to shake my hand because that meatball sub was “the best he ever ate”.

/learnt everything I know about pizza from Mr. Rockstar.