New POS system increasing sales?

As anyone would know from my other post i am looking into a new POS. My current system is a DOS based system that i would say has reached its max potential. It keeps mistakes and errors to a minimum and oraganizes my deliveries well.Now i am looking for a POS to help me with full marketing, managerial, and inventory needs. Which brings me to the latest and “per say” best systems available. I am asking you gentlemen and ladies that have Foodtec Solution, Revention or any other fully intergrated systems. Have they REALLY helped you increase sales thru marketing and having a better easier system to use for your employees? Ulitimately does in really justify the big expense to spend considering i have a basic POS.

After 4 years of using Vital Link POS that I had nearly $20K invested in I gave my system for free to another franchisee and switched to Microworks Prism. If I had to throw out my Prism system tomorrow, I would still consider it a great investment. I haven’t used my Prism system to it’s ultimate potential, but I still feel that it has paid for itself many times over. The mailing and online ordering features have grown my business considerably while many basic features make my life much easier that it was with my old POS.

Going from hand written checks and a basic electronic cash register, it’s night and day better. Going from another POS, its probably going to be night and dusk better but I guarantee you’ll find ways to improve your daily actions… be it sales, reports, credit card processing, etc. We spent $9700 for a 2 terminal setup (one at a bar and one for the servers to use) including the service printers, kitchen printer and the entire back-of-house system. I get on logmein.com and remotely log into the POS BOH terminal and I can do everything I want in my PJ’s from home LOL. I love it. Money VERY WELL spent. We probably saw a 15-20% increase in sales numbers solely from the use of the POS over hand written hell.

I bought Pizza Director years ago, and it was the best decision i made.

The system paid for itself very quickly.
Support over there is excellent.

Feel free to PM me if i can help.

Rob