Point of Success Frustrations..anyone else?

We have used Point of Success now for about 6 years and our frustrations are going exponentially each year, we are considering switching POS companies. It seems as though the folks at POS have gotten more lackadaisical between releasing updates with tons of bugs to never addressing any customer suggestions/concerns and simply “adding them to the request list”. I could go on and on giving example after example but the general gist is that, in my eyes, their product is no longer a “good system at a competitive price” but rather a buggy system riddled with errors and poor programming that will test your patience daily. We have had to reach out to our tech guy several times a week (and some weeks, every. single. day.) for the last few months regarding issues. Is anyone else experiencing this same frustration? For those of you that started with Point of Success and switched to another system, what system did you switch to? And are you happy with the switch?

I have been using point of success for almost 13 years and have pretty much had zero problems with it outside of the database messing up a few times if the power went out suddenly. What problems are you having?

We have used Point of Success for 8 years. Overall it works pretty good. (Better if you use Vantiv for CC processing)

We use them too no problems here I just am not fond of big hollar which is their integrated online order provider their platform is very old and not too user friendly

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Below are just a small sampling of some of the specific issues off the top of my head but the larger issue seems to be a general lack of responsiveness to customer requests and sloppy version releases. I was a big fan of the system when we originally purchased one kitchen printer and one order entry terminal but expanding into 2 kitchen monitors and 3 terminals has really highlighted the inefficiencies of the system in my opinion. We process credit cards through the system via a gateway however we do not use Vantiv and never will for reasons I’d rather not get into.

-Constant pop up database errors on our Kitchen monitors
-Bug that prevents one to enter a longer comment in comment section of customer profile, it appears as a repeating comment in section.
-No ability to add different types of payments (we use mobile readers for deliveries as our CC rates are lower when we have a “card present” transaction and therefore have to use “cash” when ringing out these orders)
-Inability for time sensitive pricing (e.g. special pricing for an 8-cut pizza 1 topping b/t the hours of 4-6pm without having to create a whole new button for said pizza)
-When a customer adds an item to a ticket that has already been bumped from kitchen monitor to printer, and the kitchen bumps that new item, it reprints the entire ticket without any indicator that is is a reprinted ticket.

Will you call me at 800.752.3565 so I can get more information about your problems? I cannot identify you from your forum post so I cannot address any of the issues you mention.

Jeff,

I commend you for keeping an eye out on this forum regarding concerns/issues with your product. I will reach out to you tomorrow if time allows and if not, Monday. Thanks

Please let us know how things turn out for you. Using point of success here as well.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Point of success in my opinion is a basic pos system that works great , but is limited to the bells and whistles.

If you are looking for better stability , more features, better tech support , you will have to buck up and get 1 of the big ones.

My pos has regular upgrades and updates. All errors are logged and sent to them.

You have to remember , once updates and upgrades occur, it opens up more and more bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk