Oven Trouble

One of our Ovens is cooking too hard but it only seems to be on the side with the window.

I’ve taken it apart a few times recently to ensure the fingers are in properly.

The oven fan in the back is clean and clear.

The conveyor is set for 5:30 and I timed it today to make sure it wasn’t the belt moving slower than it’s set for.

I’ve put an oven thermometer on the side with the window (reading 500 degrees) and the opposite side (reading about 470)

The oven is set for 470

The oven is a Lincoln Impinger.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Make and model oven?
George Mills

It’s a Lincoln Impinger. Any specific info I do not have at the moment but I can look tomorrow morning when I’m back in there

Thanks for the quick reply as usual George

George, just checked the invoice from purchasing these Ovens. They are Lincoln Impinger 1000’s

Thanks

Steve

My first thought would be to check the fingers on the other side. There maybe a blockage and that side is not getting enough air flow.

When you say a blockage, you’re referring to build up from food particles falling and covering the holes of the fingers, correct? If so, all fingers have been thoroughly cleaned and back in their correct spots.

My thought would be temperature control but it seems one side cooks fine and the outside where the window is cooks harder. If it were temperature control I’d think it would cook dark on the entire belt, not just a section

Steve is this an oven you have used for a while and it used to cook well or is it new to you and has always cooked this way since you’ve had it?

Paul, it is an oven we have been using for about 3 years and have never had an issue until now. It has cooked perfect after minor finger adjustments shortly after install

Thanks,

Steve

It certainly sounds like an airflow problem. For starters, I would try swapping the fingers from the two ovens and see if the problem follows the fingers.

Great idea, I should’ve thought of that before. I’ll try that and see what results we get

Thanks!

there is a baffle up in the finger that is used to balance the airflow between the back side of the oven and the side nearest the door, I can’t lay my hands on my manual right now. I think Lincoln has these manuals available online. They are basically a tab up in there that is tweaked to direct more air one way or the other on initial set up.

When I take it apart next I’ll try to look for this. If this is the issue, I’m unsure how it would’ve gotten changed, I guess maybe when cleaning something could’ve bent

Earthquake… totally an Earthquake, or i guess a hurricane :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha glad we don’t have to deal with either of those in Pittsburgh!

I believe I found the problem. When I took it apart this morning I switched the fingers between the two ovens to try to eliminate any problem with the temperature control and focus on the fingers. When I took the covers off of the fingers to look at the inserts I noticed a slight bend in one of the fingers. About 3/4 the way down the finger (finishing pattern) there is a piece of metal about 3/4” to an inch high. It was bent and allowing more heat to 2 holes (only about 1/4 of the hole) however, bending this back straight seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks to everyone for their responses!

Steve

Well just when i thought it was the fingers it ends up it wasn’t. Turns out the cheese we’ve been using had been cheapened. Switched cheeses and now everything is back to normal. Good grief, tried everything but the cheese [emoji849]